Editor in Chief: Dr. Hussain Yasa Thursday, March 23rd, 2017

NSC Working on 4-Year Security Plan: Abdullah

NSC Working on 4-Year Security Plan: Abdullah

KABUL - Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Abdullah Abdullah on Monday said security challenges remained people’s top concern and the National Security Council (NSC) was working on a four-year security scheme for winter operations.
Abdullah, who presided over a meeting of the Ministers’ Council, said sessions had been taking place for several days with governors, senior officials and provincial council members of some provinces at the Presidential Palace and the CEO office.
He said the meetings discussed issues in Ghor, Herat, Nimroz, Farah, Helmand, Uruzgan and Daikundi provinces. The ministers concerned were tasked with to paying heed to problems presented by provincial officials, he said.
Abdullah said internally displaced people, especially from Helmand and Uruzgan provinces, should be paid serious attention.
He said insecurity remained people’s top concern and said the National Security Council had been busy discussing a four-year security and winter plan.
About government’s developmental programmes, he said: “A number of projects whose implementation is expected by people are being delayed due to various reasons.”
He asked the ministries concerned to specify all problems and submit a report in this regard to next Cabinet meeting in order people could know next year that the government was honouring its promises. (Pajhwok)