Editor in Chief: Moh. Reza Huwaida Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017

Taliban Envoys Barred from Entering UAE

Taliban Envoys Barred  from Entering UAE

KABUL - The United Arab Emirates has barred two Taliban members who wanted to attend the prayer ceremony for the late UAE ambassador to Kabul, Juma Mohammed Abdullah al-Kaabi, from entering Abu Dhabi.
The UAE ambassador died of injuries sustained in an attack in Kandahar province last month.
Media reports indicate that the two Taliban representatives, Mullah Sher Mohammad Abbas Stanikzai and Mawlawi Madaniwere, were assigned by the Taliban’s Qatar office to attend the prayer ceremony of the ambassador.
“Behind the most of the terrorist attacks in Afghanistan are Taliban. The group is a threat to the regional countries and the world. We hope all the countries increase pressure on Taliban,” Sediq Sediqqi, spokesman of the Ministry of Interior said.
The two envoys were also assigned to deny the Taliban’s involvement in the Kandahar attack, reports have indicated. The UAE government however refused the two Taliban members entry into the country, reports added.
The attack in Kandahar killed 12 people, including five UAE diplomats and the ambassador.
UAE was the first country recognized by the Taliban, but now military analysts believe that Taliban’s relationship with Gulf countries is deteriorating.
“It shows distrust between Taliban and Gulf states and indicates that those countries want to review their relationships with Taliban and other terrorists networks,” said Jawid Kohistani, a military analyst.
A number of sources and media also have reported that Mullah Abbas Akhund, head of Taliban office in Islamabad, wanted to attend the ceremony using a Pakistani passport, but he too was not allowed to enter the country.
“The Quetta Council was only responsible for sending out orders and internal affairs. Their (Taliban) international relations was designed by Pakistan and ISI. Only recently have they contacted Russia, China and some other countries,” political analyst, Fada Mohammad Nazari said.
The Taliban have not yet commented on the refusal to allow their representatives entry into UAE.
Kabul earlier had announced that the blast in the Kandahar governor’s guesthouse was masterminded by a Taliban commander in Pakistan. The claim was however rejected by the group.(Tolonews)