Editor in Chief: Moh. Reza Huwaida Thursday, November 23rd, 2017

‘Operation Khalid’ Launched in High Threat Areas: Murad

‘Operation Khalid’ Launched in High Threat Areas: Murad

KABUL - The Ministry of Defense (MoD) on Sunday announced launching said a planned spring operation codenamed “Operation Khalid” in areas under high terrorist threats.
Vice Chief of Army Staff Gen. Murad Ali Murad told a news conference in Kabul that areas vulnerable to militant threats would be paid particular attention in the operation.
He said the operation involving the air force and cannons was launched in Sar-i-Pul, Faryab, Baghlan, Kunduz, Helmand, Uruzgan, Badghis and Farah provinces.
“Last year’s operation Shafaq faced with many challenges, but the Afghan forces bravely defended their country with their sacrifices,” Murad said.
To a question, Murad said challenges were expected this year too because the Afghanistan enemies backed by some foreign countries were out to kill the Afghans.
Gen. Murad also said the United States’ National Security Advisor HR McMaster arrived in Kabul on Saturday night and he would meet with MoD officials on Monday.
The general hoped the US delegation would sense the real image about current situation in Afghanistan.
After his arrival, McMaster met his Afghan counterpart Hanif Atmar in the Presidential Palace on Thursday. The two sides began talks on a four-year security plan for Afghanistan. (Pajhwok)