Editor in Chief: Moh. Reza Huwaida Sunday, October 22nd, 2017

Taliban Cannot Enter Kunduz City: Governor

Taliban Cannot Enter  Kunduz City: Governor

KUNDUZ CITY -  At least 55 Taliban have been killed and 49 others wounded in security forces operation launched to get back the Kunduz-Khanabad highway in northern Kunduz province, an official said on Saturday.
Governor Asadullah Umarkhel told Pajhwok Afghan News Taliban purged of the highway after seven-day offensive while another grand operation would be soon kicked off to eliminate the Taliban.
He said: “I want to assure the residents that the Taliban will never be able enter Kunduz City, the provincial capital, because we have chalked out a plan through which the entire Kunduz would be cleared of the Taliban in one month.”
He said wound 2,000 families had been displaced as a result of recent fighting. The provincial government in coordination with charity organisation planned to provide these families with aid and assistance. As many as 466 families had already been provided with assistance, he added.
On the other hand the residents of Kunduz still worried over the ongoing fighting and clashes.
Mansour, the resident of Kunduz, said high ranking official often made pledged to eliminate the militants and improved the security of the province but never implemented their promises.
Faisal, another resident of Kunduz, said, the government took no effective step to press
Earlier, the Taliban captured Qala-i-Zal district and Kunduz-Khanabad highway. Security forces on Friday wrest back the Kunduz-Khanabad highway. (Pajhwok)