Editor in Chief: Moh. Reza Huwaida Friday, July 21st, 2017

Latest Violence Uproots Hundreds of Kunduz Families

Latest Violence  Uproots Hundreds of Kunduz Families

KUNDUZ CITY - The latest outbreak of violence has displaced more than 350 families in Kunduz City, the provincial capital of northern Kunduz province, officials said on Tuesday.
The displaced families have been in deep trouble due to the absence of shelter, food and drinking water.
Some of the displaced families from Damshakh area of Kunduz City said fighting in their areas has been ongoing over the past six months, forcing them to flee homes for safety.
Maulvi Khosh Mohammad Nasratyar, a member of the provincial council, said the displaced families were in a dire situation and the government should come to their rescue. He said no charity organization had so far reached out to the affected families with help.
He said over 350 families were displaced from Damshakh area which remained under Taliban’s control for 18 months.
Lailuma, 60, a displaced elderly woman, said her family was struggling with hardships since they were uprooted. She asked the government to improve the security situation so they could return to their homes and resume normal life.
“The Taliban captured our area and then both the Taliban and government started killing people. Our children live in tent in this hot weather and have fallen sick. No help has reached us so far,” she said.
Rafu, another resident of Damshakh area, lashed out at the government for sending no assistance them so far.
Meanwhile, Salam Hashami, refugees and repatriation director, said around 1,500 families in total had been displaced due to recent fighting in Kunduz.
He said their survey of the displaced families was underway and the families would be soon provided assistance. (Pajhwok)