Editor in Chief: Moh. Reza Huwaida Monday, December 11th, 2017

Afghanistan to Double Special Forces

Afghanistan to Double Special Forces

KABUL - Afghanistan plans to double the number of elite Special Forces, the Ministry of Defense (MoD) said.
At the opening ceremony of third national army special brigade, the acting minister of defense said, the terrorist groups have taken a heavy blow by the Afghan security forces in the current year.
“We study all the threats in Afghanistan and prepare the structures of security institutions according to them. Afghan Special Forces had a key and important role in last year’s operations. Considering the increase of security threats, the Special Forces will have a double increase,” said Tariq Shah Bahrami, the acting defense minister.
Currently, war is ongoing in several districts of the country. The acting defense minister noted that they have special operations and focus more on enemies’ threats.
“We have special plans in hand, Afghan forces are sometimes in defensive mood and sometimes in offensive,” Bahrami added.
In the meantime, the commander of special brigade insisted on powerful standing against enemies’ threats.
“We will be accountable to any threats in terms of providing security,” said brigadier Khanullah Shoja.
Afghanistan’s international allies regularly praise the performance of the special forces, but there is also concern that the workload places them under too much strain. (ATN)