Editor in Chief: Moh. Reza Huwaida Wednesday, March 21st, 2018

NDS Hits Back at Ousted Balkh Governor’s Accusations

NDS Hits Back at Ousted  Balkh Governor’s Accusations

KABUL - The National Directorate of Security on Wednesday lashed out at recent remarks by ousted Governor Atta Mohammad Noor on attempts to destabilise northern Balkh province.
The powerful intelligence agency slammed as unfortunate Noor’s allegations that the intelligence service was being used to foment insecurity in the northern province.
In a statement, the spy service noted the “irresponsible” accusations made by the former governor at a gathering in Mazar-i-Sharif and his supporters on Tuesday. Unfortunately, such accusations did not contribute to the fight against terrorist groups, it said.
It vehemently rejected the claim that a guesthouse in the 15th street of the Wazir Akbar Khan diplomatic district in Kabul belonged to the new governor of Balkh and its security was maintained by NDS.
“We hope the honest people of Afghanistan are aware of the reality and Noor’s non-stop tirade against government institutions and attempts damage their image,” the NDS said.
The ousted governor recently claimed the NDS and the National Security Council were equipping certain people with weapons to disrupt the security of the province he ruled until recently.
He alleged the NDS ran the guesthouse and took people from Balkh, Samangan and other northern provinces there and provided them weapons. Such individuals were send to Balkh for disruptive activities, Noor claimed.
President Ashraf Ghani accepted Noor’s resignation and announced Eng. Dawood as his replacement. However, Dawood has not been formally introduced inaugurated so far. (Pajhwok)