Editor in Chief: Moh. Reza Huwaida Friday, November 16th, 2018

Wednesday’s Attack on Interior Ministry being Investigated

Wednesday’s Attack on Interior Ministry being Investigated

KABUL - Talking to Radio Azadi, Interior Minister Wais Ahmad Barmak alleged terrorists were being kept at private homes in Kabul. He said the ongoing investigation would determine how and from where the attackers were able to reach the ministry’s entrance gate.
The well-equipped 10 attackers had been able to cross the first line of search, but they were indentified at the second check post where the attackers carried out a car suicide bombing and then entered an armed clash with police.
The 10 attackers were killed within half an hour during which one policeman was killed and six others wounded. Daesh or Islamic State group has claimed credit for the attack. The outfit has also published the photos of the attackers.
Barmak said it was being investigated from where the attackers came and how they were able to find two armored vehicles. The minister alleged still terrorists were being kept at private homes.
Meanwhile, Kabul police chief Daud Amin said the vehicles used by the attackers did not carry registration numbers but an investigation was underway in this regard. Vehicles similar to those used in the attack plied Kabul roads, he added.
He said lawmakers, generals and some senior government officials used armored vehicles. (Pajhwok)