Editor in Chief: Moh. Reza Huwaida Thursday, May 23rd, 2019

Kabul Event Attack in Collusion with Govt, Alleges Mohaqiq

Kabul Event Attack in Collusion with Govt, Alleges Mohaqiq

KABUL - Former Second Deputy Chief Executive Officer Mohammad Mohaqiq on Thursday condemned a mortar strike on a gathering marking the death anniversary of Abdul Ali Mazari and alleged the government’s collusion in the incident to suppress its political rivals.
Mohaqiq said the attack was carried out by the enemies of Afghanistan and those who did not want the people of Afghanistan to live in a peaceful environment.
Referring to the nature of the attack, he said, Daesh had been defeated and could not launch such attacks alone without support from inside the government.
“The attack happened due to government’s negligence or collusion to target its political rivals in such a critical situation,” he said.
He claimed some circles within the government had links with Daesh group, adding the government through its campaign was unable prevent the gathering from being held but disrupted the gathering through the attack which lasted half an hour.
But Presidential spokesman Haroon Chakhansouri rejected Mohaqiq’s comment and termed it as insult to security forces of the country.
“Whatever Mohaqiq claim is, the people of Afghanistan want him to present evidence in support of his claim,” he said.
Three bodies and at least 22 injured people were shifted to different hospitals in capital Kabul after the gathering marking the death anniversary of minority leader Aabdul Ali Mazari, the founder of Hezb-i-Wahdat Islami Afghanistan, came under attack on Thursday.
The gathering marking the 24th death anniversary of Abdul Ali Mazari was disrupted after several mortar shells fell close to the venue.
Several politicians, including ex-President Hamid Karzai, Chief Executive Officer Dr. Abdullah and former NSA Hanif Atmar were also present at the meeting. (Pajhwok)