Editor in Chief: Moh. Reza Huwaida Tuesday, June 25th, 2019

4 Americans Killed in Taliban Attack

4 Americans Killed  in Taliban Attack

KABUL - Four Americans have been killed in suicide bomb attack near the largest US base in central Afghanistan, officials said.
As usual, the Taliban claimed responsibility for Monday’s bombing targeting a convoy of international forces near the Bagram base in Parwan province.
Col. David Butler, a spokesperson for US Forces Afghanistan, confirmed the attack. Three American soldiers and a contractor were among the fatalities.
The improvised explosive device blast left another three US service members wounded, who were evacuated to a medical facility, where they are under medical care.
In line with Pentagon’s policy, the names of the fallen soldiers are being withheld until after the notification of next of kin, according to a statement from the US military.
In a statement, the Taliban said an attacker detonated his explosives-laden car near the sprawling base. The group claimed the bomber destroyed two tanks and killed over 10 US military personnel.
With the latest fatalities, the number of US soldiers killed so far this year in Afghanistan has increased to seven. About 14,000 U.S. forces are stationed in the country.
Bagram district chief Abdul Shakoor Quddusi told a foreign news agency the car bomber hit an armoured vehicle carrying foreign forces near a gate to the base.  (Pajhwok)