Editor in Chief: Moh. Reza Huwaida Sunday, September 22nd, 2019

Taliban Attack on Kunduz Against Qatar Talks: Ghani

Taliban Attack  on Kunduz Against  Qatar Talks: Ghani

PUL-I-KHUMRI - A coordinated Taliban attack was pushed back on Sunday morning in the capital of northern Baghlan province, the Ministry of Interior (MoI) spokesman said.
Nasrat Rahimi told Pajhwok Afghan News the militants numbering between 30 and 40 staged the coordinated attack in Kolup Madan area but met with strong resistance from security forces and were pushed back.
The attackers fired rockets into the governor’s house, said Rahimi, adding at least three insurgents were killed, two captured alive and five others were injured. Security forces suffered no casualties and Special Forces had reached the area and had launched clearing operations.
Dr. Mujeebullah Habib, Baghlan public health director, said one civilian body and eight injured had been brought to the civil hospital.
Police spokesman Javed Basharat said the insurgents attacked security forces from civilian homes.
On the other hand, residents of the area where the Taliban staged attack, said the militants were still present in the area and were searching homes and torched the house of commander Obaid.
The Kabul-north highway has also been shut for traffic as a result of the conflict.
Taliban’s spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed the fighters captured several security check-posts and military centers and caused casualties to dozens of security forces. (Pajhwok)